[Air-L] Impact of AT&T divestiture on American college anduniversity campus computer networks?

Heidelberg, Chris Chris.Heidelberg at ssa.gov
Tue Oct 16 13:19:51 PDT 2007

Living in the DC/Baltimore area with Hopkins, MD, Georgetown, GW, UMBC,
George Mason, Howard and Morgan are all research intensive and there is
a lot of bandwidth. I can tell you that the AT&T break up is the key to
the web of today. Judge Green actually found AT&T to be a monopoly in
1982 (I believe that AT&T had been under a consent decree dating back to
1956 and the original suit was filed by MCI in 1968). I believe they
were given two years to get it affairs in orders.