[Air-L] Immigrant internet use refs request

Kathrin Kissau kissau at uni-muenster.de
Mon Oct 22 06:17:59 PDT 2007

Hi Andrew,

I read your post with great interest, as we are studiing almost the
same topic within our research project "Political Potential of the
Internet. The virtual diaspora of Immigrants from Russia and Turkey in
Germany" at the Institute for Political Science; University of
Muenster/Germany

see: http://ppi.uni-muenster.de/starteng.html

We are analysing poltical activities of these two immigrants groups
online, their internet usage in general, their political orientation
as to the country of origin or residence and the creation of ethnic
public spheres.
In my Ph.D. thesis I also looked into immigrant internet uses, use of
local government websites an its general effect on integration so I
would really love to exchange thoughts and data on this subject!!

Kathrin

Kathrin Kissau M.A.
Institut für Politikwissenschaft
Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität