[Air-L] A Canadian critical of LL Re: Lawrence Lessig on ending corruption and influence of money in politics

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 9 18:44:02 PDT 2007

Giest is good and he wrote the book Internet Law in Canada(which
deals with much more than just IP issues) and may still be doing
editions of that but he got gobbled up by IP issues IMHO.  But my
point we need a different law book for Canada not a "US Internet law
in Canada" textbook. He is lawyer and he is at my school. He does/did
a regular newspaper column on Internet law issues for Canadian
newspapers too but again I stopped reading when most articles were
about IP and CD copying taxes etc. I have also asked him to read
undergrad papers of mine which he said he did but never sent any
feedback.

But why should we have to translate US law? That seems too elitist
and top down if law is a product of the people( in this or that
country).

Peter Timusk,  IMNAY and I collect royalties and of course publish
for free on the supposedly free to copy web

B.Math statistics (2002), B.A. legal studies (2006) Carleton University
Systems Science Graduate student, University of Ottawa.
just trying to stay linear.
Read by hundreds of lurkers every week.