[Air-L] Let Watson be dealt with elsewhere

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 23 14:27:50 PDT 2007

Certainly ethics in the context of Internet studies is a broad far
reaching topic. But for one math teacher of mine when I brought up
ethical studies and ethical uses of statistics she started to talk
about a professor who was a racist in public and not apologizing.
Maybe for those of us techi's this narrow ethics topic is our first
impression use of the term ethics in university?

Certainly a hot topic for some but probably not valid here except in
studying something like Internet hate and I am reading Castells on US
Militias at the moment.

peace love and eternal grooviness

Peter Timusk,

B.Math statistics (2002), B.A. legal studies (2006) Carleton University
Systems Science Graduate student, University of Ottawa.
just trying to stay linear.
Read by hundreds of lurkers every week.