[Air-L] Let Watson be dealt with elsewhere

nativebuddha nativebuddha at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 17:32:17 PDT 2007

I think any discussion regarding the merging of objective scientific
insights and subjective opinion is pertinent to all fields of social
science. The fact that someone such as Watson can be brilliant and at
the same time socially misguided is relevant. It falls under
epistemology and the potential effects on method and data
analysis/interpretation (selection bias, tainted data, and so forth).
Anthropology dealt with the issue of the gaze. Why shouldn't we? Even
Internet Studies is susceptible.

-robert