[Air-L] Fwd: job posting, Bradley University

Holly Kruse holly-kruse at utulsa.edu
Mon Oct 29 11:26:58 PDT 2007

Bradley University

Slane College
of Communications and Fine Arts

Multimedia Program
Position Announcement

Assistant Professor
(Tenure Track)

The Multimedia Program at Bradley University is seeking
technologically sophisticated candidates with a strong research
agenda for a full-time tenure track Assistant Professor in
Multimedia. Preferred applicants will possess cutting edge digital
production skills and a firm understanding of new media theory and
have the ability to teach and create in an established and innovative
undergraduate program. The rank for this position is Assistant
Professor (tenure-track).

Position:  Assistant Professor, Multimedia Program
The Multimedia Program at Bradley University is seeking a
technologically sophisticated candidate to fill a tenure-track
position requiring teaching, research/creative production, and
service responsibilities. The position begins Fall semester (August),
2008. We are seeking theorists, media artists, and technologists who
conduct new media creative production or research.

Responsibilities:
-Teaching classes in the Multimedia Program which may include areas
such as new media/interactive design and development, digital culture
and theory, video, animation, scripting/programming, interactive
installations, gaming, interface design, intermedial performance,
mobile device programming, social informatics, and interface design.
-Conducting research/creative production in areas of new media
specialization.
-Collaborating with peer departments within the college (Music,
Communication, Theatre Arts, Art) and at Bradley (for example,
Computer Science) and with students in the development of team based
projects, as well as assisting in the development of the program and
curriculum.
-Participating in service activities.
-Advising/mentoring students.

Rank
Assistant professor.  Tenure-track appointment with appropriate
terminal degree.
  Qualifications
Appropriate terminal degree and new media-related experience. A
record of successful teaching at the college, university, or junior
college level (teaching assistant with primary course responsibility
experience qualifies). A strong portfolio of creative accomplishment
and/or publication history.

Salary
Position salary will be commensurate with qualifications and relevant
teaching or professional experience.

Starting Date
August, 2008.

Application
Applicant files are “complete” with the reception of:

Letter of application
Current CV
Samples of publications, creative work, or research
Evidence of effective college/university/junior college teaching
(e.g., quantitative summaries of teacher evaluations; peer or
supervisory reviews of teaching; teaching awards, etc.)
Artist's statement or research agenda
Three current letters of recommendation and up to 3 additional
references should be sent to:

Edward Lee Lamoureux, Ph. D.
Search Committee Chair
Multimedia Program
Bradley University
GCC 200
1501 W. Bradley Avenue
Peoria, Illinois 61025
ell at bradley.edu

Applicants may send digital and/or hard copy files of application
materials. Online or digital materials may be submitted as
supplementary aspects of the application file. Position begins
August, 2008. Review of candidates’ credentials will begin
immediately and continue until the position is filled. Incomplete
applications will not be reviewed.

Questions regarding the position and application materials can be
directed to Ed Lamoureux at 309-677-2378 or by email at ell at bradley.edu.

Bradley University, highly rated by U.S. News and World Report, is an
independent, comprehensive university enrolling 6000 students. Midway
between Chicago and St. Louis, Peoria hosts numerous professional
arts organizations and is home for many interactive media firms and
outlets.

The Multimedia Program is in the Slane College of Communication and
Fine Arts with the Departments of Art, Communication, Music, and
Theatre Arts and consists of approximately 100 majors (and 40
additional minors) taking course work in Art/Graphic Design,
Communication/Audio and Video, Multimedia, and supporting departments
(music, computer science, education, sociology). The program is
unique among its peers and offers students and faculty numerous
opportunities for professional and collaborative sponsored projects.
Bradley’s renowned Caterpillar Global Communication Center, completed
in 1996, is home to the Multimedia Program and the Department of
Communication. The CGCC houses computer labs, videoconference
facilities, high-end multimedia classrooms and technology and the
interdisciplinary radio-television facilities associated with the
Department of Communication. The Multimedia Program also utilizes
facilities in the Heuser Art Center, the home of Multimedia’s
interdisciplinary partner, the Department of Art.

For additional information visit http://multimedia.bradley.edu/,
http://www.bradley.edu, and http://slane.bradley.edu/.

Bradley University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. The administration, faculty and staff are committed to
attracting qualified candidates from groups currently
underrepresented on our campus.