[Air-L] BFF

lilly nguyen lillynguyen at ucla.edu
Wed Oct 3 00:20:10 PDT 2007

I can say with conviction that this term predates the internet. My
junior high days (this probably dates me) the expressions and
"BFF" (or its shortened version F/F for friends forever) "j/k," "KIT"
peppered all our notebooks and yearbooks. I imagine that most
yearbooks from the early 90s onwards would be abound with these
expressions, however I grew up in southern California and am unsure
if these terms were in common use throughout the country at the same
time. In the Urban Dictionary, the earliest entry for BFF comes from
2001. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bff

-lilly