[Air-L] Tenure-track New Media Studies faculty post

Gardner Campbell gcampbel at umw.edu
Thu Oct 18 14:19:56 PDT 2007

New Media Studies, tenure-track

The department of English, Linguistics, and Speech at The University of Mary Washington invites applications for an entry-level assistant professor, tenure-track, specializing in new media studies, to expand our course offerings in this area. Such courses might include the language of cyberspace/cyberculture, multimodal writing, networked composition, digital storytelling, literature as communication, etc. We are particularly interested in candidates who are expert in critical approaches to new media as well as skilled in production techniques.  The successful candidate must also be prepared to teach lower-level courses in the department.

Degree field open; Ph.D. required by time of appointment (August 16, 2008). UMW requires all applications to be submitted electronically. Submit letter of application, curriculum vita, statement of teaching and research interests, a list of graduate coursework, and materials demonstrating accomplishments in research, teaching, and production/creative work (e.g. portfolio links, syllabi, sample assignments) through our website: www.umw.edu/hr .  Only applications submitted through this site will be considered. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m., November 1. Telephone inquiries to Professor Teresa Kennedy (540) 654 1531, or e-mail at tkennedy at umw.edu.

In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, the University of Mary Washington actively encourages women and minorities to apply. UMW is a co-educational, state-supported liberal arts university in Fredericksburg, VA., located approximately 50 miles south of Washington.