[Air-L] Fwd: SSRN Announces New Humanities Research Network (HRN)

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Fri Oct 19 07:43:49 PDT 2007

Begin forwarded message:

> From: admin <admin at SSRN.COM>
> Date: October 18, 2007 5:20:26 PM PDT (CA)
> To: SSRN-SUPER at PUBLISHER.SSRN.COM
> Subject: SSRN Announces New Humanities Research Network (HRN)
>
> The Social Science Research Network (SSRN) is pleased to announce the
> creation of the Humanities Research Network (HRN). HRN will provide a
> world-wide, online community for research in all areas of Humanities,
> following the model of the other subject matter networks within SSRN
> (http://www.ssrn.com).
>
> We expect HRN to become a comprehensive online resource for research
> in humanities, providing scholars with access to current work in
> their field and facilitating research and scholarship.  Initially,
> HRN will begin with the following networks:
>
> HRN CLASSIC RESEARCH NETWORK
> Director: Lesley Dean-Jones, University of Texas at Austin
>
> HRN ENGLISH & AMERICAN LITERATURE RESEARCH NETWORK
> Director: Susan Heinzelman, University of Texas at Austin
>
> HRN PHILOSOPHY RESEARCH NETWORK
> Directors: Lawrence Becker, Hollins University and Brie Gertler,
> University of Virginia
>
> The abstracting eJournals for each of these networks are listed
> below.  You can view the expandable Humanities Research Network
> taxonomy at http://SSRN.com/browse.
>
> SSRN eLibrary
> All abstracts and papers, together with bibliographic data and author
> contact information, will be included in the searchable SSRN
> electronic library at http://papers.ssrn.com.
>
> The SSRN eLibrary contains more than 164,000 papers by 82,000
> authors, including 131,000 full text papers.  The eLibrary can be
> accessed at http:// papers.ssrn.com. Downloads from the SSRN eLibrary
> are running at an annual rate of about 4 million, with over 16
> million downloads since SSRN was founded in 1994.
>
> HRN CLASSIC RESEARCH NETWORK
> Director: Lesley Dean-Jones, University of Texas at Austin
> To view all journals, click on the following link:
> http://www.ssrn.com/update/crn/crn_jrl.html
> To subscribe to all of the journals (with one click) in HRN Classic
> Research Network:
> http://hq.ssrn.com/jourInvite.cfm?link=CRN-all-inclusive-journal
> To view all the papers in HRN Classic Research Network:
> http://www.ssrn.com/link/HRN-Classics-Research-Network.html
>
> Archeology & Material Culture
> View Papers:
> http://www.ssrn.com/link/Classics-Archeo-Material-Culture.html
> Subscribe:
> http://hq.ssrn.com/jourInvite.cfm?link=Classics-Archeo-Material-
> Culture
>
> Classical Tradition
> View Papers:
> http://www.ssrn.com/link/Classical-Tradition.html
> Subscribe:
> http://hq.ssrn.com/jourInvite.cfm?link=Classical-Tradition
>
> Epigraphy
> View Papers:
> http://www.ssrn.com/link/Classics-Epigraphy.html
> Subscribe:
> [...]

Jeremy Hunsinger
Information Ethics Fellow, Center for Information Policy Research,
School of Information Studies, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
(www.cipr.uwm.edu)

Words are things; and a small drop of ink, falling like dew upon a
thought, produces that which makes thousands, perhaps millions,
think. --Byron