[Air-L] "Dying for Freedom and Democracy:" Lecture at Fordham University, Nov. 9

Orion Anderson libraryofsocialscience at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 30 08:44:08 PDT 2007

"Dying for Freedom and Democracy"
Lecture at Fordham University, November 9, 2007

As part of his ongoing Seminar Series on the psychological interpretation of
warfare, Dr. Richard Koenigsberg will present a special lecture on Friday,
November 9 at 6:45 PM. This lecture is OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. There is
no charge, but space is limited and reservations are required. To hold a
place, please send an email to oanderson at ideologiesofwar.com.

Directions to get to Fordham University and instructions on gaining
admittance to the lecture appear below. We look forward to seeing you!

"Dying for Freedom and Democracy"
Lecture: Fordham University, Nov. 9, 2007, 6:45 PM

By the 1990s, the United States had developed an intense "aversion to
casualties." Americans hesitated to enter into battle if there was a
possibility that even a few soldiers might be killed. People like Saddam
Hussein and Bin Laden accused the American people of being weak and corrupt,
possessing no ideals for which they were willing to die and kill. The Bush
administration responded to this challenge declaring: "Americans too possess
ideals for which we are willing to die and kill. As your young people martyr
themselves for Allah, so our young people will sacrifice their lives for
freedom and democracy."

Details for attending: Friday, November 9, 6:45 PM

TRAVEL INFORMATION: To Reach Fordham University's Lincoln Center Campus by
Subway. The A, B, C, D, 1, and 9 subway trains all stop at 59th
Street/Columbus Circle. 60th Street is one block North of 59th Street. The
campus is located one block west on 60th Street at 113 W. 60th Street.

WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT FORDHAM UNIVERSITY: At the entrance, simply say you are
attending the Seminar in Room 311. Take the escalator to the 1st floor, then
the elevator to the third floor. Turn left when you get off the elevator.
Room 311 is located near the end of the hallway on the left.

For further information call Orion Anderson at 718-393-1104 or send an email
to oanderson at ideologiesofwar.com.