[Air-L] Discourse analysis of web site response compilation

Christopher A Jones christopher.a.jones at okstate.edu
Mon Oct 29 23:47:21 PDT 2007

Hello all, sorry for the delay. I have been having connectivity
issues today.

Here is the compilation of all the responses I received. Again, thank
you to all who contributed.

Donald Matheson, Media discourses: analysing media texts, Berkshire:
Open
University Press, 2005

paul teusner

Lots of fun things linked here, as well:

http://ella.slis.indiana.edu/~herring/web.syll.06.html

or here:

http://ella.slis.indiana.edu/~herring/cmda.syll.2007.html

triangulate from the two, maybe?

--elijah

Andre Brock (andre-brock at uiowa.edu) just completed a dissertation
analyzing
web sites relating to Hurricane Katrina, titled "Defining a Community
and a
Culture: Racial Identity Production by African American and Mainstream
Websites".

/Caroline

You might also find Kress' work on multimodality and reading images
helpful.

Kress, G.R. and van Leeuwen, T. (1996). Reading Images: the grammar of
graphic design. London: Routledge

Kress, G.R. and Van Leeuwen, T. (2002). Multimodal Discourse: the modes
and media of contemporary communication. London: Edward Arnold

Regards,
Rebecca

Hi Christopher
Sorry for replying so late but my Universities email server has been
done all weekend and I have only just
noticed your message.
My doctoral research involved a discourse analysis (using Foucauldian
archaeology and genealogy methods,
with critical discourse analysis and sociolinguistics - somehow
cobbled together) of the discourse of consumer
empowerment in e-commerce including a close analysis of the ninemsn
(Australian portal) website.
Let me know if there is any help I can offer you as there wasn't an
awful lot of available material when I was
conducting my study.
Cheers
Dr Kylie Jarrett

thanks