[Air-L] twittering while California burns

Jankowski nickjan at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 24 02:09:14 PDT 2007

Ben:

Thanks for sharing these sites related to how Internet-based
communication venues are being used by people (and by professional
media) wanting / needing to know about the California fires. I am
sure you are right that a wave of studies will emerge around news and
communication flow, and around the fusion of professional media with
Internet sites for personal communication. I can imagine theoretical
inspiration for such studies coming, in part, from the
half-century-old Katz and Lazarsfeld volume Personal Influence as
well as from the examination of the flow of news immediately after
the JFK assignation.

If there are any studies being prepared, I'd like to hear....

Nick Jankowski
Visiting Fellow
Virtual Knowledge Studio for the Humanities and Social Sciences
Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences
1019 AT Amsterdam, NL
www.virtualknowledgestudio.nl