[Air-L] Do we read the same books?

Emma Duke-Williams emma.dukewilliams at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 07:49:08 PDT 2007

On 28/10/2007, Peter Timusk <ptimusk at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> You may try librarything.com as well. There seem to be tens of such
> services on faecbook too. That would make even perhaps a survey study
> for a library student in internet studies to study these services
>
> membership in librarything.com is free for less than 200 books and
> life time membership is a suggested 25 US$.
>
> It can search more than just the various amazons including some
> Canadian and US universities and the Canadian national catalog at our
> National library just down the street from where I live.. Also the US
> congress library.
>
> I like the book cover pictures but the pictures die out in the late
> 1980's with no covers for earlier books.

It's difficult, isn't it, to know which to pick - as there's also
Readitswapit ( http://www.readitswapit.co.uk/TheLibrary.aspx ) - UK
based book swap site, Book Crossing  - www.bookcrossing.com - similar,
but international & you leave the book somewhere for a random person
to pick up.
There's also ConnectViaBooks - ( http://www.connectviabooks.com ) -
which I've looked at, though didn't like the amount of information
they required from you when you joined (that was about 6 months ago,
they might have changed).

The difficulty is knowing which to join - should you join the site
that had the interface/ way of working you like the best - or the one
with the most members? Or the one you know most people on already?

Emma

--
Emma Duke-Williams:
School of Computing/ Faculty eLearning Co-ordinator.