[Air-L] Literature request - harm and offence arising from Internet content and behaviour

David Brake d.r.brake at lse.ac.uk
Tue Oct 2 04:37:16 PDT 2007

In 2006 I contributed to the following book:

Livingstone, S. M. and A. M. Hargrave (2006) Harm and Offence in Media
Content: A Review of the Evidence, Intellect, Bristol.
<http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/pressAndInformationOffice/
newsAndEvents/archives/2006/HarmAndOffenceInMedia.htm>

It included a section on the harms and offence arising from Internet
use. Themes covered at the
time were:

Pornography
Harmful contact (paedophiles, bullying, stalking)
Hate content online

We will be producing a supplement to this book which will be
available online and which will incorporate research from 2005 to the
present (including if possible as-yet-unpublished work). If you have
produced or are aware of any research on these themes or others you
believe  please either share them here or email me off-list as soon
as possible.

---
David Brake, Doctoral Student in Media and Communications, London
School of Economics & Political Science
<http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/media@lse/study/
mPhilPhDMediaAndCommunications.htm>
Also see http://davidbrake.org/ (home page), http://blog.org/
(personal weblog) and http://get.to/lseblog (academic groupblog)
Author of Dealing With E-Mail - <http://davidbrake.org/
dealingwithemail/>
callto://DavidBrake (Skype.com's Instant Messenger and net phone)