[Air-L] Media at LSE's 5th Anniversary Conference: Media, Communication and Humanity

David Brake d.r.brake at lse.ac.uk
Thu Oct 4 07:49:19 PDT 2007

> Fifth Anniversary Conference: Media, Communication and Humanity
>
> Sunday 21st - Tuesday 23rd September 2008
> In celebration of our Department’s fifth anniversary year, we
> invite critical thinking about how the media and communications
> environment is implicated in shaping our perceptions of the human
> condition and thus, increasingly, mediating human values, actions
> and social relations. We welcome proposals for papers offering
> theoretical insight and/or empirical work on this theme, focused on
> the five linked areas below.
>
> Communication and Difference
> Democracy, Politics and Journalism Ethics
> Globalisation and Comparative Studies
> Innovation, Governance and Policy
> Media and New Media Literacies
> Abstracts should be submitted by 1 March 2008.
>
> See conference website <http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/media@lse/
> Conference/Default.htm>  for further details.
>
> We very much hope you will join us in our celebrations,  Robin
> Mansell and Sonia Livingstone.
>
> Confirmed speakers:
>
> Sandra Ball-Rokeach
> Annenberg School for Communication, USA
>
> Lilie Chouliaraki
> LSE, UK
>
> Peter Dahlgren
> Lund University, Sweden
>
> Daniel Dayan
> Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, France
>
> John Downing
> Southern Illinois University, USA
>
> Anthony Giddens
> LSE, UK
>
> Carolyn Marvin
> Annenberg School for Communication, USA
>
> Mark Poster
> University of California, Irvine, USA

---
David Brake, Doctoral Student in Media and Communications, London
School of Economics & Political Science
<http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/media@lse/study/
mPhilPhDMediaAndCommunications.htm>
Also see http://davidbrake.org/ (home page), http://blog.org/
(personal weblog) and http://get.to/lseblog (academic groupblog)
Author of Dealing With E-Mail - <http://davidbrake.org/
dealingwithemail/>
callto://DavidBrake (Skype.com's Instant Messenger and net phone)