[Air-L] Impact of AT&T divestiture on American college and

NANCY MCDONALD-KNWRTHY mcdonald-knwrthy.1 at osu.edu
Tue Oct 16 20:08:16 PDT 2007

and isn't it ironic... now Verizon is owner of MCI... and MCI used to be owner of WorldCom, (I'm NOT going to say how much Bernie Ebbers screwed up my retirement before he went to jail)... W-com  bought UUnet, which bought Compuserv... and I've worked with ALL of them... including Qwest, which bought LCI (a local Ohio company, originally)... and Lucent, which was the equipment maker of the original AT&T... and then there are all those "baby bells" who when the break-up happened, all were teh "local and regional" telcos (LATAs), while AT&T took the long distance part.. there is so much "incest" in this industry... and there are so many buyouts from so many of the "babies"... buying each other...  very hard to keep up!!!! but I loved all the work I did with them all!! (was tech writer and project manager before back to school to research).  There is plenty of stuff written about the telecom industry...

Nancy McDonald-Kenworthy, GA
CSTW Writing Center Tutor
www.cstw.org Ohio State University