[Air-L] [iR8.0] Bird of a Feather: Scholarly YouTube CANCELLED

Alex Halavais alex at halavais.net
Sat Oct 20 09:02:08 PDT 2007

For those of you who are not all conferenced out, and who might want
to drop by, I'm "moderating" a BOF on Scholarly YouTube tonight. There
is no specific agenda (thus the BOF), just a chance to chat as a
group. But given that the name is a bit cryptic...

First, I hope this can generally gather together folks who are
interested in online video as a topic of research. Not just YouTube,
of course; there are a wide range of interesting projects out there
from full movie downloads to justin.tv and the like, and with some
notable exceptions (including the recipient of the best student paper
award), studies of these uses of the internet were relatively thin
this year.

Second, I hope to give a 2 minute stump speech on organizing a "guest
lecture cooperative" that trades on the enormous expertise gathered in
AoIR. The idea is that contributors of a 30-45 minute guest lecture on
video would have access to the collection of guest lectures.

Hope to see you tonight at 5 in room 2200.

- Alex

//
// This email is
// [ ] assumed public and may be blogged / forwarded.
// [X] assumed to be private, please ask before redistributing.
//
// Alexander C. Halavais
// Social Architect
// http://alex.halavais.net