[Air-L] Representations of spirituality in digital culture

Charles Ess charles.ess at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 21:34:22 PDT 2007

Hi Bernard,
and welcome!

If you haven't already had a look at the Special Theme II of the April, 2007
issue of the Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication -
Cross-Cultural Perspectives on Religion and Computer-Mediated Communication
- I would certainly recommend you do so.
Among other many good papers, you will find there the work of at least one
AoIR-ist who takes up these interests of yours - i.e., Heidi Campbell.

There were also a number of _excellent_ presentations last week in Vancouver
on various aspects of religious life online: you could review the Program -
available as a PDF file linked from:
http://wiki.aoir.org/index.php?title=About_IR8.0
and see who is doing what, and go from there.

Heidi - and others, of course - may have still better suggestions for you,
but this is at least a start.

Enjoy - and g'luck!
- charles ess

Distinguished Research Professor,
Global Studies Center <http://www.drury.edu/gp21>
Drury University
Springfield, MO  65802  USA

Guest Professor (fall, 2007), Department of Media Studies
Department of Media Studies
IT Park
Helsingforsgade 14
8200 Aarhus N
Denmark
Office: (45) 8942 9219
Mobile: (45) 2986 8967

President, Association of Internet Researchers <www.aoir.org>
Co-Editor, International Journal of Internet Research Ethics
http://www.uwm.edu/Dept/SOIS/cipr/ijire.html
Co-chair, CATaC conferences <www.catacconference.org>
Professor II, Globalization and Applied Ethics Programmes
<http://www.anvendtetikk.ntnu.no/pres/bridgingcultures.php>

Exemplary persons seek harmony, not sameness. -- Analects 13.23