[Air-L] Impact of AT&T divestiture on American college and university campus computer networks?

Ben Spigel spigel.1 at osu.edu
Tue Oct 16 11:34:40 PDT 2007

This is a fantastic topic, and definitely post whatever output of this
research topic back to the list.

You might find Ed Malecki's paper on regional bandwidth provision an
interesting paper. It finds a very strong correlation between the
amount of bandwidth in a region and the presence of a Ph.D granting
institution. Universities were usually the core around a regional
network. I'm not exactly sure how it directly relates to your topic,
but it might give some interesting context.

The citation is Malecki, E. (2004). Fibre tracks: Explaining
investment in fibre optic backbones. Entrepreneurship and Regional
Development, 16:21–39.

Cheers,

Ben Spigel
Department of Geography