[Air-L] Invite from Sarah Robbins (intellagirl at gmail.com)

Emma Duke-Williams emma.dukewilliams at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 08:45:29 PDT 2007

On 01/09/07, Sarah Robbins <intellagirl at gmail.com> wrote:
> SarahRobbins (intellagirl at gmail.com)
> has invited you as a friend on Quechup...
>         ...the social networking platform sweeping the globe

I've had a couple of invitations to Quechup in the last couple of
days. I've decided to join ... BUT, I'm not sure that I really like
the way that it works ...

1: You have to have an alias, and can't have a "real" name. That meant
that, when I got another invitation I initially rejected it, as I
didn't recognise the alias. I prefer the sites that let you choose.

2: You don't get the choice about whether or not to have your location
showing; you seem to have to...

3: What is good, is that it is letting me claim to be 117! I generally
don't like to put my age in the field, so go for being as old as I
can. 117 is the oldest I've been able to be so far! Sometimes I'm
limited to 100, or even 99.

4: It wouldn't let me get out of editing my profile, until I'd said
who I wanted to meet. I couldn't just be there.

It's left me feeling out of control; which I don't like.

Emma