[Air-L] Researchers as new eyes on public data

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Mon Sep 3 10:59:29 PDT 2007

the question in my mind hinges on the question as to whether we
assign capacities and processes to researchers that cannot be found
in the population in general to some significant degree, even if
those capacities and processes are foregone.   in short are the
capacities and processes/practices of research privileged or
exceptional in some way.  if they are, then perhaps we could
differentiate effects on the basis of that difference, but
personally, given the number of people in the world that can do
exactly the same types of things... i'm not sure we can make any
valid differentiation.