[Air-L] Interrelations of "Virtual Communities" and "SocialNetworks"

Jose Abdelnour-Nocera Jose.Abdelnour-Nocera at tvu.ac.uk
Fri Sep 14 06:20:25 PDT 2007

Hello:

I think that this comparison is similar to that of VCs and 'Networked
Communities', a term that has been there long before 'social networks'.

My perception of this is that we should not confuse tehcnological
platforms with the social affordances of technology. Because of this,
'old' technology used to support VCs will continue to exist insofar as
it helps fulfill the expressive and normative objectives of those
communities.

José