[Air-L] quotations on line

Zeynep Tufekci socnetres at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 13:48:38 PDT 2007

P.S. That was the earliest Lexis entry with the quote, strongly suggesting
that the quote surfaced in the public sphere with that book in 1980. No
earlier references in Google books either.

Gene Fowler, on the other hand, died in 1960. Either the quote somehow
survived floating in the ether at least for two decades or it is ascribed to
Fowler after-the-fact.

-z