[Air-L] Disturbing trends in social networking

Heather medlib2007 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 16:50:12 PDT 2007

In addition, individuals should only be able to see those with whom they are
connected through their local or extended networks. For most people, this
would not include every analyst currently or formerly employed by any of the
security agencies.

Heather

On 9/12/07, Michael Zimmer <michael.zimmer at nyu.edu> wrote:

> I'm sorry, but I don't see the "disturbing trend" here. These are
> analysts (ie, sit in cubicles at Langley and interpret data)  not
> field operatives (spies). Am I missing something?
>
> -mz
>
> On Sep 12, 2007, at 5:27 PM, Alexis Turner wrote:
>
> > I was tooling around on LinkedIn today and stumbled on the
> > following horrifying
> > realization:
> > U.S. intelligence analysts announce their names, what they do,
> > every position
> > they have ever worked in, and a list of all their associates to a
> > public
> > audience on LinkedIn.
> >
> > http://redheadedstepchild.org/lists/scratchpad/entry61/
> >
> > Has anyone noticed this before?  Other thoughts?
> > -Alexis

> >     redheadedstepchild.org
> >          ------- +

> > http://www.aoir.org/

"I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it."

Vincent Van Gogh