[Air-L] Disturbing trends in social networking

elw at stderr.org elw at stderr.org
Wed Sep 12 17:04:56 PDT 2007

> Subject: Re: [Air-L] Disturbing trends in social networking
>
> I'm sorry, but I don't see the "disturbing trend" here. These are
> analysts (ie, sit in cubicles at Langley and interpret data)  not field
> operatives (spies). Am I missing something?

Folks who *really* work for the intelligence services are generally
prohibited from revealing that fact for quite some time.

Fakesters, maybe?  That, or policies have changed lately... we knew one
fellow who worked for No-Such-Agency in the database area, but it was
something that was just not a topic of conversation...

Most of the folks brought up by the search you link are employees of
*defense contractors* - regular private citizens, but some of whom have an
employment history that involves them having been somehow associated with
a three-letter agency at some point.

And there are *lots* of ways to be involved or associated with the
3-letter agencies.

--elijah