[Air-L] AoIR 8.0 Let's Play: Calling all Birds of a Feather!

Mia Consalvo consalvo at ohio.edu
Tue Sep 18 12:31:50 PDT 2007

Hi all,

Richard and I are finalizing the conference schedule, and we have slots
available on Thursday from 5-6 PM and Saturday from 5-6 PM for Birds of a
Feather Sessions.

If you haven't been to one, BoF sessions are informal gatherings for people
interested in a particular topic. We don't have pre-set topics--those are
created by individuals, and in the past they have included areas such as
health online, LGBT issues, game studies, digital divide, etc etc.

In addition to having topics set by you, the format/agenda of such meetings
is also up to you to decide. You can have an informal chat, meet like minded
others, put together a call for conference or future action--the choice is
yours. We merely provide rooms and opportunities.

SO! If you are interested in leading a BoF session please email me OFFLIST
at consalvo at ohio.edu by next Wednesday, September 26 with 1) your area of
interest for a session, 2) date preferred (Thursday or Saturday) and 3) your
contact information. In the event of duplicated topics, I will assign
moderator to the first person who suggested it, or perhaps ask you to share.
:)

If you have questions, please email me offlist.

Thanks everyone!
Mia

--
Mia Consalvo, Associate Professor