[Air-L] "social networks" preceded "network community"

Jose Abdelnour-Nocera Jose.Abdelnour-Nocera at tvu.ac.uk
Fri Sep 28 09:28:08 PDT 2007

Thanks for the info, Barry.

I certainly am aware of the older and broader sociological research and
debates on 'social networks'. I was only referring to the current,
mundane and fashionable use of the term, i.e.
groups/communities/collectives that are being supported by 'social
software'.

...and I totally agree with you.

Dr. José Abdelnour Nocera
Senior Lecturer
Institute for Information Technology
Thames Valley University
Wellington Street
Slough - England
SL1 1YG
Tel [work] +44(0)1753697887 / [home] +44(0)1908648376
Fax +44 (0)1753 697750
http://sirius.tvu.ac.uk/~abdejos/