[Air-L] wiki tool suggestions?

Jason Mittell jmittell at middlebury.edu
Fri Sep 7 10:29:52 PDT 2007

My own preference is for using MediaWiki, which I've done both via a local
install and off-site at wikia.com. The main reason that I prefer MediaWiki
is that I try to emphasize that wikis are tools that matter in the "real
world," and I encourage/require students to apply their wiki skills to the
world's largest wiki, Wikipedia - the consistency of platforms gives a form
of software literacy that feels more useful than learning a specific set of
protocols that only apply to a single class project.

Also, given that I teach at Middlebury, embracing wikis and Wikipedia is a
political act...
-Jason

--
Jason Mittell, Assistant Professor of American Studies and Film & Media
Culture