[Air-L] WikiSym'07 in Montreal - Call for Participation

Andrea Forte aforte at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Sep 7 12:54:01 PDT 2007

                            WikiSym 2007

               2007 International Symposium on Wikis

                    Wikis at Work in the World:
      Open, Organic, Participatory Media for the 21st Century

                        October 21-23, 2007
                   Palais des Congrs de Montral
                      Montreal, Quebec, Canada

                   http://www.wikisym.org/ws2007/

Registration is now open for WikiSym 2007, convening October 21 through 23
in chic, sophisticated, metropolitan Montreal, Quebec.

**Deadline for early registration is September 13th**

NO ORDINARY CONFERENCE

WikiSym is the only international scientific conference dedicated to
wikis. It brings together wiki researchers, practitioners, and users. The
goal of the symposium is to explore and extend our growing community. It
has a rigorously reviewed research paper track as well as plenty of space
for practitioner reports, demonstrations, and open discussions. Anyone who
is involved in using, researching, or developing wikis is invited to
WikiSym 2007!

We recognize that the online world is always evolving, and therefore
welcome people interested in other online media consistent with the wiki
philosophy of being open, organic and participatory.

PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS

Our headline speakers this year include many of the thought leaders on
wiki. Our keynote speaker will be Jonathan Grudin (Microsoft Research),
one of the world's leading researchers on Computer Supported Collaborative
Work. Ward Cunningham (AboutUs), inventor of wiki and founding father of
our field, will give the closing talk. Peter Thoeny (StructuredWikis),
creator of TWiki, will give a half day tutorial on wikis in the workplace.