[Air-L] Faculty Positions, University of Colorado

Janice Peck Janice.Peck at Colorado.EDU
Mon Sep 10 16:55:43 PDT 2007

Please feel free to circulate and redistribute....apologies for cross
posting...

Janice Peck
School of Journalism & Mass Communication
University of Colorado at Boulder
Boulder, Colorado

School of Journalism & Mass Communication
University of Colorado at Boulder

Assistant/Associate Professor in Digital Communication & New Media
The School of Journalism & Mass Communication seeks candidates with
primary interests in the area of journalism and news media who are
well-versed in and equipped to teach multimedia/online/digital news
production, dissemination and uses. Those interests would be
demonstrated in both the person’s teaching assignments and research/
creative work. We seek to educate students to value the traditions of
a free and responsible media that support a democratic society, and
to become ethical and productive members of the news media and their
communities. We also seek to engage our scholarly communities as well
as our constituent industries, whose leaders tell us they look
increasingly to the academy for help in coping with this fast-
changing news environment. This colleague will teach two courses per
semester in the newsgathering and media studies sequences at both the
undergraduate and graduate levels and serve on graduate committees.
For this position a Ph.D. is preferred and professional experience in
journalism with a new media emphasis is highly desired. Candidates
holding a master’s degree with extensive professional experience in
digital media will be considered. Any candidate appointed will have
demonstrated an ability to think through larger conceptual issues
raised by digital media and have a clear agenda for peer-reviewed
research publications and/or juried creative production that can lead
to tenure. We hope to hire at the assistant professor level, but
associate rank will be considered. Appointment will begin in August
2008.  For more details, go to: www.colorado.edu/journalism. Please
submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information
of three references at www.jobsatcu.com and refer to posting number
802090. Application review will start Monday, Nov. 12, 2007, and will
continue until the position is filled. Professor Michael Tracey is
Search Chair.

Assistant/Associate Professor in Environmental Journalism
The School of Journalism & Mass Communication seeks candidates with
an active program of research or creative work in the public
communication of environmental issues. The successful candidate will
be expected to take an active role in our nationally recognized
Center for Environmental Journalism (CEJ), which offers
interdisciplinary graduate level courses as well as programs to help
professional journalists understand and communicate the scientific,
political, economic and social underpinnings of environmental issues.
The candidate’s research could be in areas such as environmental
science, climate change or risk communication.  This colleague will
teach two courses per semester — conceptual and skills courses in the
newsgathering and media studies sequences at both the undergraduate
and graduate levels — and will serve on graduate thesis committees.
Candidates must have a Ph.D. and professional experience is also
highly valued. We hope to hire at the assistant professor level, but
associate rank will be considered.  Appointment will begin in August
2008.  For more details, go to: www.colorado.edu/journalism. Please
submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information
of three references, at www.jobsatcu.com and refer to posting number
802088. Application review will start Monday, Nov. 12, 2007, and will
continue until the position is filled. Professor Len Ackland is
Search Chair.

  The University of Colorado is committed to diversity in education
and employment.