[Air-L] Call for Nominations for 2007 AIIP Technology Award

Mark Goldstein markg at researchedge.com
Mon Sep 17 01:50:15 PDT 2007

The Association of Independent Information Professionals (AIIP -
http://www.aiip.org/) is pleased to announce that nominations are now open
for our 2007 AIIP Technology Award. Members and non-members alike are
welcome to nominate any company or individual that produces information
products (databases, web organizers, Internet sites) as an entry in the
competition via a short and simple nominations form found online.

There will be two categories; one for web based services and another for
desktop software. Successful entries in each category will be new or
revamped products or technologies that help information professionals with
their day-to-day operations in locating, analyzing and organizing
information. The product must be related to the information field; AIIP does
not consider accounting, word-processing, database or spreadsheet, or other
programs not directly related to locating, analyzing, or organizing data
appropriate for this award. The deadline for nominations is Sept. 28, 2007.

The brief form for AIIP Technology Award nominations can be found at:
http://www.aiip.org/AIIP_Tech_Award_Nomination_2007.doc

Please send requests for the nomination form or your questions to:
Ed Vawter, AIIP Technology Awards Committee Co-Chair, E-mail:
qdinfo at comcast.net &/or Mark Goldstein, Co-Chair, E-mail:
markg at researchedge.com. Electronic submittal of the entry form via e- mail
is preferred.

Previous winners of the AIIP Technology Award include:

2005: Copernic Desktop with honorable mentions for Devon Technologies
DEVONagent and Wolff Worldwide
2004: Net Snippets Professional Edition, with honorable mentions for Dialog
Corporation's DialogLink 4.0 and Microsoft Office OneNote 2003
2003: Google Toolbar
2002: askSam 5
2001: eGems Collector Pro
2000: IPO Express
1999: Webforia Organizer

The AIIP Technology Award will be presented to the winners at Information
Today, Inc.'s Internet Librarian Conference
(http://www.infotoday.com/il2007/) program on Monday, October 29, 2007 in
Monterey CA. We invite your nominations and will announce the winners to the
list next month. Please consider what information products are most useful
you most in your endeavors and help them and us as we select the best of
breed for our annual AIIP Technology Award. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Mark Goldstein, AIIP Secretary
President, International Research Center
Voice & Fax: 602-470-0389, Skype: mark.goldstein
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/markgoldstein
E-Mail: markg at researchedge.com, IRC: http://www.researchedge.com/
Harnessing Global Information Resources for Informed Decision Making