[Air-L] tenured faculty position at UCI

Mark Warschauer markw at uci.edu
Mon Sep 24 16:43:15 PDT 2007

Please re-post and otherwise circulate--

University of California, Irvine
Department of Education

Professor of Education
Language, Literacy, and Technology

The Department of Education at the University of California, Irvine
invites applications for a senior-level tenured appointment in
language and literacy development and/or technology in learning.  We
are especially interested in applicants at the full professor level,
but will also consider applications from highly accomplished scholars
at the associate professor level.  We welcome applicants with
expertise in any area related to language, literacy, and/or
technology, including applied linguistics (e.g., second language
learning, literacy development); learning sciences (e.g., technology
and learning, games and learning); or the intersection between these
fields (e.g., technology and literacy development, technology and
language development).

The selected candidate will be expected to contribute to our wide
range of graduate and undergraduate programs, and particularly to our
Ph.D. in Education program, which offers specializations in Language,
Literacy, and Technology; Learning, Cognition, and Development; and
Educational Policy and Social Context.  We are a dynamic and fast
growing department that plans to soon transition into a School of
Education.  We offer abundant opportunities to work in a
technology-rich and culturally diverse environment, and a variety of
research perspectives is encouraged.  A more complete description of
the department can be found at http://www.gse.uci.edu/.

Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, relevant recent
publications, a list of three references, and a cover letter
describing their research and teaching interests online at
https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/.  Letters of reference will be requested
for applicants who are invited for interviews.  Applications will be
considered until the position is filled.  Inquiries about the
position may be directed to either Prof. Mark Warschauer, Chair of
the Search Committee, markw at uci.edu or Cheryl Craft ccraft at uci.edu.

The University of California, Irvine is an equal opportunity employer
committed to excellence through diversity and strongly encourages
applications from all qualified applicants, including women and
minorities.  UCI is responsive to the needs of dual career couples,
is dedicated to work-life balance through an array of family-friendly
policies, and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE Award for gender
equity.