[Air-L] EthicsnConsent meet tomorrow at 10.30 am SLT - on Secondlife Bowling Green State University's Island

Lois Ann Scheidt lscheidt at indiana.edu
Sun Sep 2 21:34:15 PDT 2007

For anyone who was following our earlier thread or who is interested in
deontological and/or teleological approaches to online research, I am
recommending a book for your reading pleasure.

I am currently reading

Couser, G. Thomas (2004). Vulnerable Subjects: Ethics and Life
Writing</span>. Ithaca NY: Cornell University Press.

First the book is not directly about human subjects research but from
the perspective of life-writing it captures many of the issues
discussed here. While I haven't finished reading I can tell you that
I've marked up so much of the first 50 pages with thoughts and
observations I can tell this is a good thought provoking work for those
of us who take parts of people's lives as our research data.

Lois Ann Scheidt

Doctoral Student - School of Library and Information Science, Indiana
University, Bloomington IN USA

Adjunct Instructor - School of Informatics, IUPUI, Indianapolis IN USA and
IUPUC, Columbus IN USA

Webpage:  http://www.loisscheidt.com
Blog:  http://www.professional-lurker.com