[Air-L] post in digital audio production

Niran Abbas niranabbas at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 14 02:59:50 PDT 2007

Dear All

I am looking for a qualified instructor/lecturer to teach an MA module
entitled, Digital Audio Production at Kingston University. The module runs
fortnightly for 12 weeks (6 classes) on Wednesdays from 1-4pm. The first
session starts September 25th (we can make allowances for the short notice
by starting October 3rd).

If you are interested please email me a CV and I will get back to you asap.
thank you
Niran Abbas
ABOUT THE MODULE

This module helps you to understand digital audio technology as it applies
to digital media production. You will produce audio soundtracks using a
range of computer software. The module will also include:

•	an introduction to Logic Audio for Mac OS X and Cubase for PCs;
•	access to programs such as Reason and Recycle – we encourage you to use
Reason instruments to experiment with music genres, sequencing, effects and
automation;
•	an introduction to the Midi keyboard, music keys and scales;
•	an understanding of Midi;
•	how Midi works in Logic and Cubase;
•	navigation, basic sequencing and programming;
•	synthesis and sampling;
•	recording and editing techniques;
•	creating environments and understanding plug-ins;
•	understanding compression techniques;
•	creating and optimising audio files; and
•	an understanding of production and optimisation of audio for digital media
distribution
                platforms such as websites, sound installations, interactive
multimedia CD and DVD-ROMs.

Dr Niran Bahjat-Abbas
Senior Lecturer in Media and Cultural Studies (Digital Media)
RM: T814
020 85472000 EXT: 62384

Kingston University
School of Humanities, Faculty of Arts & Sciences
Penrhyn Road Centre,
Penrhyn Road, Kingston, Surrey
KT1 2EE

MA in Digital Media