[Air-L] open-source journals?

goldenberg anne goldenberg.anne at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 18:30:07 PDT 2007

I agree with christian on the fact that it's less a business programm
but an ethic, scientific, epistemic, humanitarian programm that we have
to search behind Open Access.

In fact, Open access is a movement in itself, that could be related, in
some aspect, to open source or rather Free Software for the ethic of
freedom of use and diffusion that is associated with the project.

But each medium and movement having their own specificities, it might be
more relevant to look at the fundation and aims of the Open Acess
movement.

Here's some links :

* ArXiv, the first ever Open Archive:  http://www.arxiv.org/

* Open Archives Initiative : http://www.openarchives.org/

* The european blog on the subject of OpenAcces:
http://www.europenscience.org/

* A list of Lists and Documents Related to The Open Access Movement
 http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/lists.htm#declarations

* What's at stake for developping countries
http://www.soros.org/initiatives/information

* Some reports on the subject:
http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/ls/disresearch/romeo/Romeo%20Deliverables.htm

* A colored classification of publisher's archiving policies
http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeoinfo.html#colours

* Analysis on author self-archiving
http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/harnad/Temp/Romeo/romeosum.html

...and some other ressources, in French :
http://affordance.typepad.com/mon_weblog/open_access/index.html

 * Les modèles libres pour l'accès à l'information
http://www.adbs.fr/uploads/journees/2937_fr.php

* La politique de diffusion de l'information
http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00134574/en/

 * Du rayonnage à l'archive ouverte
http://www.irisa.fr/activites/new/007/irisaopenarchive006

bonne lecture,
Anne Goldenberg (who's preparing an article on the subject).