[Air-L] hissy fit?

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Sat Apr 26 04:38:00 PDT 2008

1. Despite David Silver's astonishing assertion, I have no recollection of
objecting to teaching-oriented posts to this list. I, too, teach (and
Internet-Society to boot, and I welcome learning more about teaching the
subject.

2. I do object to gratuitous personal attacks on the AoIR list, such as
David Silver saying I will have a "hissy fit". I don't know where it has
come from, as David Silver and I have not had any contact for many months.
And the last time was when David launched another gratuitous personal
attack on me -- on his blog.

3. I don't know where Dr Silver's animus stems from. For the record, I
have not had anything do with any administrative or scholarly matter
involving him.

4. I wouldn't have thought it was necessary, but I ask AoIR leaders to
remind list members to avoid personal attacks on each other.

 Barry Wellman

  S.D. Clark Professor of Sociology, FRSC              NetLab Director
  Department of Sociology                        University of Toronto
  725 Spadina Avenue, Room 388                  Toronto Canada M5S 2J4
  http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~wellman            fax:+1-416-978-3963
  Updating history:     http://chass.utoronto.ca/oldnew/cybertimes.php
         Elvis wouldn't be singing "Return to Sender" these days
            **** PLEASE NOTE NEW ADDRESS AND FAX NUMBER ****