[Air-L] survey creation tools or sites?

Robin Turner robin at bilkent.edu.tr
Thu Apr 3 00:59:10 PDT 2008

On 02/04/2008, Kimberly De Vries <cuuixsilver at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>  I'm getting ready to create a survey and would like to hear from those that
>  have some experience using sites/tools like Survey Monkey, Zoomerang, etc..
>
>  Which of these kinds of tools do you think are best and, are there any
>  decent free, ideally open source, versions out there?

Since I use Moodle for my courses, I use the Moodle Questionnaire
module (a third-party module available from the main Moodle site) for
anything in-house. If I want it to be generally available, I use
phpESP, which is the software the module is based on. It's free as in
both beer and speech, fairly easy to install and configure and has a
simple graphic interface for survey creators. It's also pretty good at
processing results - you can do item analysis, for example, though
there are no advanced statistic involved.

Of course all of this implies that you have access to a server which
provides you with PHP and MySQL.

Robin

--
"Smile, breathe and go slowly." - Thich Naht Hanh

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Üniversitesi
Ankara, Turkey