[Air-L] digital literacy takes a field trip to a farm

Dominic Pinto dominic.pinto at ieee.org
Sun Apr 27 15:42:57 PDT 2008

David M Silver wrote:
> aoir folk,
>
> late last week, i posted a message to air-l (msg title: "digital
> literacy takes a field trip to a farm") in which i suggested that barry
> wellman may have a "hissy fit" about the contents of the message. as
> barry notes in his reply to the list ("msg title: "hissy fit?") my tone
> was uncalled for and for that i apologize.

It was such a significant post that I think I binned it after a quick
glance, and hadn't recalled what it was about (and still don't) and then
someone posted about it.

Seems to be molehills turned into swords, or something mixed.

> i've been subscribed to air-l from the start, back in 2001, and for the
> most part the list has been interesting and engaging and useful. from
> time to time, flamewars develop, which are usually a drag, and i hope my
> post doesn't contribute to such an outcome.

Yup - hope not also.

> so, with that in mind, i express my apologies to barry and to the list
> and extend an invitation for folks to post and share more about teaching
> internet studies in general and introducing logging off activities in
> particular.

Fair enough - and I hope we don't get too much about teaching :-) - not
sure what logging off activities are anyway - and encourage greater
discussion on and off line ...

Something lie a couple of pennies worth :-)

Dominic