[Air-L] Google Docs

Emma Duke-Williams emma.dukewilliams at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 03:34:39 PDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 8:21 AM, Gordon Carlson <gordycarlson at gmail.com> wrote:

>  That is true, but they still have to use some email address to join
>  and use Google Docs.  And these addresses are available to people
>  sharing documents with one another.

I think you must have set Google Docs up differently from me. I've
just had a look at a Doc that someone has shared with me. I can see
the names of those it's shared with & can send an email to them, but I
can't see what their email address actually is.
I've had a look at one that I'm owner of, and I still can't see the
email addresses of those I've shared it with, though clearly I needed
to know them in the first place.

To get back to the original question, I've used them with other staff
to work on conference proposals etc., and a colleague has used it with
his students, so that he can have access to their drafts (if they ask
him to) before their final coursework submission.

That said, I prefer Zoho docs, as I think that you can do more with
them. However, I have just had a look at one (a wiki) that I've shared
with others, and that is showing their full email addresses.

Re. the 18 issue ... the students that I work with are 18+, so at
least we're over that hurdle!

--
Emma Duke-Williams:
School of Computing/ Faculty eLearning Co-ordinator.