[Air-L] Canadian PSA

Tuszynski, Stephanie stuszyn at UTNet.UToledo.Edu
Tue Apr 29 16:30:08 PDT 2008

Greetings all -

I was wondering if anyone else has seen that PSA airing on the CBC warning kids about Internet safety? The video follows a young barely-adolescent girl (Sarah? I think) who in the course of her day keeps getting accosted by various older and skeevy-looking men who ask intimate questions based on her blog posts. It's a rather chilling ad, and therefore rather effective.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen it and had any thoughts about the efficacy of this kind of use of fear of exposure? Also is the PSA online anywhere?

Stephanie Tuszynski
Visiting Assistant Professor
Department of Theatre and Film
University of Toledo