[Air-L] EDem 2008 Conference 29-30. September 2008 at the Danube University Krems, Austria

Noella Edelmann noella.edelmann at donau-uni.ac.at
Wed Apr 2 01:09:21 PDT 2008

Hello,

We are hosting the international EDem 2008 Conference 29-30. September
2008 at the Danube University Krems, Austria. It would be nice to meet
some of you personally and receive interesting papers concerning any
aspects related to E-Democracy! If you know anybody who may also be
interested in participating or attending, please forward this call!

EDem2008 - Conference for E-Democracy
29-30 September 2008
Danube University Krems, Austria
*To what extent can E-Democracy support and enrich our democracy?
*What and where are the interfaces, what methods can be used to
integrate E-participation in present politics public administration
processes?
*How can we ensure that the greatest number of people are reached and
are able to use the means of participation?
*How can the modern media support political education?
*How can the Internet increase participation in political
discussion?
*What are the limitations and the risks of E-Democracy?

We are looking for contributions on all areas and levels of electronic
democracy and participation systems, precedence will be given to those
contributions which include national and/or international experiences.
Concrete projects can also be submitted, and, if accepted, would be
presented as examples of *hands-on* demonstrations of E-Democracy
and E-Participation.

Deadline for papers : 15. May 2008
Call for Papers and further information: www.donau-uni.ac.at/edem
Contact: noella.edelmann at donau-uni.ac.at