[Air-L] CfP: Making Links 2008, Melbourne, Nov 11-13

Marcus Foth m.foth at qut.edu.au
Wed Apr 23 15:32:17 PDT 2008

Making Links 2008: Community - Responsibility - Sustainability
The conference where social action and technology converge

11th - 13th November 2008, The University of Melbourne
http://www.makinglinks.org.au/

We look forward to welcoming you to Melbourne on 11th - 13th November.
In addition, for the first time we will be including an afternoon bus
tour of community ICT and digital divide initiatives around Melbourne.
This will be followed by a mini film festival showcasing community-
based short films and digital arts at Melbourne's famous digital arts
venue the Horse Bazaar. You can keep an eye on how plans for the
conference are progressing at the Making Links website and get in
touch with other delegates via the Making Links Facebook group.
Registrations will open in May.

Making Links 2008 facebook event listing:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=18098235803

Making Links facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7075421142

CALL FOR PAPERS
In 2008, Making Links focuses on how technology can enhance and
support social inclusion. As usual, the conference will also include
practical skills-building sessions and networking opportunities for
workers and volunteers in community organisations who work with and/or
are interested in web development, multimedia, Web 2.0 and mobile
technology.

We seek proposals for oral paper presentations, workshops and
multimedia displays. A computer lab will be available for technical
workshops. Abstracts and proposals should be submitted at http://www.makinglinks.org.au/
  and will be reviewed by the conference committee.

Selected presenters will be invited to submit a paper for double blind
peer review and consideration for a 2009 special issue of 3CMedia, the
Journal of Community, Citizen’s and Third Sector Media and
Communication.

The themes listed on the website are a guide to the kinds of questions
that are of interest to the conference. We welcome proposals for oral
presentations, case studies and practical workshops. If you'd like to
discuss your ideas with someone, the contact details for committee
members in five states are on our website.

Conference Committee

Conference Chair
Jill Sergeant, Australian Federation of AIDS Organisations

Organising Committee
Marcus Foth, Creative Industries Faculty, Queensland University of
Technology
Nathan Frick, Vibewire
Simon Gee, DonorTec / Connecting Up
Sriram Guddireddigari, Infoxchange Australia
Jonathan Hallett, WA Centre for Health Promotion Research, Curtin
University of Technology
Jason King, Consultant
Liliana Ruti, Information and Cultural Exchange
Juan Salazar, Media Studies and Production, University of Western Sydney

--
Dr Marcus Foth
Australian Postdoctoral Fellow

Institute for Creative Industries and Innovation
Queensland University of Technology (CRICOS No. 00213J)
Creative Industries Precinct, Brisbane QLD 4059, Australia
Phone +61 7 313 x88772 - Fax x88195 - Office Z6-511
m.foth at qut.edu.au - http://www.vrolik.de/publications/