[Air-L] Barry and NetLab have moved

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Thu Apr 24 14:58:02 PDT 2008

Dear Friends,

After nearly 39 years of my being at Toronto, I -- and NetLab -- have
moved away from the Centre and Community Studies and to the Sociology
Department. It's a bittersweet moment, leaving behind old friends and many
memories but having more intensified contact with my sociological
colleagues.

My new coordinates are below. I am only giving out my phone number on
request, basically because I haven't figured out the new voice mail
system.

The reasons for the move are complex. Don't ask me on email, but I'll be
happy to talk with you when next I see you.

I'll be at the ICA meetings in Montreal late April, l'Ecole Ete in
Montreal early July, the Rurals in Manchester NH late July,  and the ASA
meetings in Boston early August.

Cheers,
 Barry Wellman

  S.D. Clark Professor of Sociology, FRSC              NetLab Director
  Department of Sociology                        University of Toronto
  725 Spadina Avenue, Room 388                  Toronto Canada M5S 2J4
  http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~wellman            fax:+1-416-978-3963
  Updating history:     http://chass.utoronto.ca/oldnew/cybertimes.php
         Elvis wouldn't be singing "Return to Sender" these days
            **** PLEASE NOTE NEW ADDRESS AND FAX NUMBER ****