[Air-L] Facebook and Libraries

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck at iastate.edu
Mon Apr 28 10:45:47 PDT 2008

Friends/

I am in the process of completing a survey article on Libraries and Facebook.

In addition to the literature and initiatives profiled in the Friends blog, I am greatly interested in learning of Any/All libraries using Facebook as a complement / supplement / substitute for Any / All library services / programs / etc. such as, but not limited to the following uses or contexts:

*Classroom Intruction

*Collection Management

*Course Management

Desk Reference

*Digital Reference

*Distance Education/Learning

*Information Commons

*Learning Communities

Among other services, I am particularly interested in non-Public Services uses, notably Technical Services.

BTW: I am aware of various Facebook Library Groups/Pages such as

*Librarians and Facebook

*Libraries Using Facebook Pages

I am also interested in Any / All Other Relevant Literature / Sites.

Links to associated * Facebook Groups/Pages are available at

[ http://onlinesocialnetworks.blogspot.com/2008/04/libraries-and-facebook.html ]

OR

[ http://tinyurl.com/5jtx8j ]

***Please Post Your Recommendation As A Comment To This Blog Entry**

Thanks A Million!

AND

Happy Monday!

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

There is Nothing More Powerful Than  An Idea Whose Time Has Come
Victor Hugo
[ http://www.blogger.com/profile/09093368136660604490 ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows
[ http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/ ]