[Air-L] Literature in Second Life

sultan . sarifi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 09:58:26 PDT 2008

Hello all

As a postgraduate student who is very interested in SL applications in
education, I am pleased to be part of this group as I am learning from you
new and innovative ideas every day. However, this is my first post and I
hope I can get your help in two issues:

1-      I am going to write a research literature to answer the following
question:

Can "first life" educators add to their practice by migrating some of it to
Second Life?

I would like to seek out relevant research on design and practice in this
theme and provide a review of educational potential that would be useful to
an interested practitioner.

So, what are your recommendations? And could you please guide me to some
places and references in this field?

2-      I am planning to do my MA thesis in one of the following topics:

A-     Collaborative learning in SL based on meetings between some students
in world.

B-     The potential of second life in learning English as a second language
based on my observations to some sites and islands and practice as I speak
English as a second language.

Which topic do you recommend me more? And could you please guide me to some
references for both topics.

 Bear in mind that my bachelor degree is in English and I am now doing my MA
in ICT in Education not in English.

Please do not hesitate to write me your feedback and suggestions.

I need your help.

               Thanks a lot

                Sultan
             sarifi at gmail.com