[Air-L] Livejournal sources, specifically the Russian segment

Kate Raynes-Goldie kate at k4t3.org
Wed Apr 2 10:51:50 PDT 2008

Hi Martin,

I wrote two papers specifically on Livejournal a few years ago. Sadly,
there doesn't seem to be much work on LJ, even though it has such a
fascinating history and is tied in to so much of "deep" internet
culture.

Hyperfriends and Beyond: Friendship and Social Norms on LiveJournal
David Fono and Kate Raynes-Goldie in M. Consalvo & C. Haythornthwaite
(Eds.), Internet Research Annual Volume 4: Selected Papers from the
Association of Internet Researchers Conference. Peter Lang. 2007.
http://k4t3.org/publications/hyperfriendship.pdf

Pulling Sense out of Today’s Informational Chaos: LiveJournal as a
Site of Knowledge Creation and Sharing
Kate Raynes-Goldie. First Monday, 9(12). 2004.
http://firstmonday.org/issues/issue9_12/raynes/

Best,
Kate