[Air-L] post to list - Carrier Hotels Interactive

Nancy Paterson Nancy.Paterson at senecac.on.ca
Wed Apr 2 13:39:27 PDT 2008

Hi there,

I am on the AOIR list and I have developed a web based project which
is intended to illustrate my PhD thesis and I'd really like to have AOIR members take a look
at it:

CARRIER HOTELS (work in progress) is a webproject which illustrates
internet infrastructure focusing specially on connection points as a locus of
control. This media work consists of a topographical image of North America
upon which is situated images of major peering points called Carrier Hotels.
Each Carrier Hotel is seen as a graphic of the exterior of the actual real
estate. For example, a view of the front of the building at 151 Front Street
Toronto, or an image of the tower at 1 Wilshire in Los Angeles. The
interactivity so far, consists of clicking to see which facilities contained US
based secret NSA (National Security Agency) eavesdropping rooms and which
peering point facilities are owned by the Carlyle Group (CRG West), in an
overall map of approximately 35 premiere Carrier Hotels located in major urban
North American centres. Further developments are under consideration, such as
initiating a trace route to view the path one's IP activities such as email,
data searches or video viewing, takes through these peering facilities.

The above info and a link at:
http://www.vacuumwoman.com/About/Main/about.html

as well as a direct link at:
http://www.vacuumwoman.com/CarrierHotels/