[Air-L] digital literacy takes a field trip to a farm

Dominic Pinto dominic.pinto at ieee.org
Tue Apr 29 01:15:13 PDT 2008

Denise N. Rall wrote:
> Thanks David, for making sense of something that
> seemed senseless to me at first.
>
> LOGGING OFF
<snip>

Hmmmm ...... is this a variation on tuning in, turning on
.................... ?

And just seen in a column in a Virginia newspaper. Some people clearly
need a form of 'logged off' time to do important matters in peace.

  End of nap time signals start of new stage

My 3 ^1 _2 -year-old son no longer takes an afternoon nap. And it's been
a huge adjustment -- for me.

Nap time used to be the sacred quiet time when I could clean the
bathrooms, do my writing and answer some e-mails in peace. I could pick
up a book and escape for a few chapters. I could bake cookies or fix a
casserole for a friend who had a baby.

I needed nap time as much as my son did.