[Air-L] Canadian PSA

erin jonasson erinjonasson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 17:51:18 PDT 2008

Hi Stephanie, Steven, and the rest of the list,

I am not sure if it is the same ad, but I've seen a PSA recently discussing
similar issues.  I did a quick Internet search and came across the Media
Awareness Network, who are responsible for the PSA that I have seen.

http://www.media-awareness.ca/english/corporate/media_kit/psas.cfm

The ad that I am thinking of (Be Web Aware) is available as a Quicktime
video and they also have several other ads available for downloading.
Whether we are discussing the same PSA or not, I think that the use of
chilling imagery can be effective, especially in focussing parental
attention on the activities of their children online (and the integration of
online and offline activities among adolescents).  I would also be very
interested to hear others' opinions on the subject!

Cheers,

Erin Jonasson
MA Cultural Anthropology
University of Manitoba