[Air-L] Using Open Access Models for Science Dissemination / ICTP Workshop, Trieste, Italy / 7-16 July 2008

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at iastate.edu
Thu Aug 7 17:48:38 PDT 2008

Colleagues/

I have discovered The Venue associated with _Science Dissemination Using Open Access: A Compendium Of Selected Literature On Open Access _/ Editors E. Canessa and M. Zennaro (ICTP-SDU, Italy) , the Open Access Book that I blogged earier this week

[ http://tinyurl.com/5malq6 <http://tinyurl.com/5malq6>  ]

The Venue is/was >>>Using Open Access Models for Science Dissemination / ICTP Workshop, Trieste, Italy / 7-16 July 2008<<<

I have blogged and linked to the Program / AV for The Workshop at

[ http://tinyurl.com/55tsdm <http://tinyurl.com/55tsdm>  ]

BTW: I've created a separate Blog Entry For The Table of Contents Of The Book @

[ http://tinyurl.com/5k9y8r ]

WORKSHOP OVERVIEW

A better understanding on what Open Access is, and examples of what it offers to individual scientists and to scientific institutions in Developing Countries, will be presented. The aim of the workshop is not only to introduce the newest technologies in Open Access but also to give participants an extensive hands-on experience on selected techniques.

TOPICS

Participants will be exposed to the tremendous resources and possibilities available to the scientific community including:

*	Potential of Open Access in science
*	Open Source software for Open Access
*	Open Access policy, advocacy and editorial roles
*	Open Access publishing and repository design for science
*	Open Access repositories and eJournals - case studies
*	Web 2.0 for Open Access

BTW: I delivered at presentation in Trieste at  the WORKSHOP ON PEER REVIEW

[ http://people.sissa.it/~marco/ws.html <http://people.sissa.it/~marco/ws.html>  ] in May 2003 titled

"Alternative Peer Review: Quality Management for 21st Century Scholarship"

[ http://www.public.iastate.edu/~gerrymck/APR-1.ppt ]

>>It's A Big PPT (200+ Slides) But IMHO ... Well Worth The Experience [:-)]<<

Enjoy!

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

 There is Nothing More Powerful Than  An Idea Whose Time Has Come
Victor Hugo
[ http://www.blogger.com/profile/09093368136660604490 <https://exchange.iastate.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://exchange.iastate.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.blogger.com/profile/09093368136660604490>   ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows [ http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/ <https://exchange.iastate.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://exchange.iastate.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/>    ]